It’s here! The 2016 South Florida Fair starts this Friday. Each year, we take a FULL day to head out and enjoy the Fair, even though we put in a good 10 hours of “work” there is still not enough time to get through the whole thing.
This year the theme is “The Palm Beaches”, so when I got more information & pictures from the Fair team, I had to share some of the highlights with you.
Try your hand at Sand Sculpting
This year’s annual sand sculpture will feature Jupiter to Boca Raton landmarks using 250 tons of sand. For the first time at the South Florida Fair, guests can try sand sculpting at hands-on Sand Clinics. They’ll learn tips, tricks, tools and techniques of professional sand sculpture alongside a world-class professional sand sculptor.
Ride the Four new rides
- The Super Cyclone Roller Coaster is a brand new roller coaster from Italy. Its track configuration features two large drops and hairpin turns.
- The Disko features a rotating platform in which riders sit facing outward. As the platform rotates, it goes back and forth on the half-pipe shaped track.
- The New York New York Fun House features four stories with guests sliding down a giant four-story spiral slide at the end.
- The Jungle Twist is a family roller coaster with spinning cars.
Fun facts about what happens at the Agricultural Area
- 1.1 million quarter-pound burgers could be made with the beef cattle that will be at this year’s fair.
- 3,187 two-egg omelets could be made from the hens that will be in the fair’s poultry tent over 17 days. A hen can lay one egg a day.
- Each year guests flock to the Moo-ternity tent to watch calves being born. At the 2015 fair, 34 calves were born.
Eat Fair Food
And of course, everyone’s favorite: Fair Food. How much fair food can you eat? Well, here are some of the ingredients for what will make up all the tasty treats this year: 18,000 Turkey legs, 20,000 pounds of Granulated sugar, 2,900 pounds of Funnel cake mix, 25,000+ pounds of French Fries, 3,500 pounds of Rope Sausage, 15,000 pounds of Chicken tenders, 25,000 pounds of Potatoes – 30,000 pounds of Whole onions
Even though there will be a lot of finger licking going on, they are still going to have we’re going to have 1.8 million Napkins & 1500+ rolls of paper towels, for backup.
Of course there is music, classic rides, the Expo Area and a lot of other events that I haven’t mentioned here so you’ll have to head out and discover/enjoy them yourself.
Hope to see you there.