OK, it’s a big day, the first day of SunFest. Over the years I’ve written quite a bit about SunFest and posted many, many, many pictures. I wanted to share some highlights here… but first let’s talk about a flash mob event that is being organized for Thursday.
Thursday – Freeze Flash Mob
We need your bodies – for a Freeze Flash Mob. That’s right, freeze in place for 5 minutes and be a living statue! RSVP Here
- to have fun and make a lasting impression on everyone.
- The Flash Mob will take place right after Chemradery’s set. Chemradery is a local band, and we’d love for everyone to come support them. This will be in honor of our community coming together and showing our love at big stage in SunFest 2017.
- We’ll meet at 6:30pm at a TBD point and do a quick talk to all participants.
- Walk about your business but at 6:45pm SHARP, Freeze near the WPB Lake Pavilion & West Palm Beach Waterfront.
- Stay as still as you can for 5 minutes. Watch as people walk by you in a confused look, but don’t laugh.
- After, go about you fun at SunFest.
- We will take video footage and promote it over the weekend.
Everyone can participate! You’re never too old or too young to have a little fun.
This is a pop up event, and we need to spread the word as quickly as possible. Maps will be posted on this event page.
Follow me on SnapChat & YouTube
I will be at SunFest every day, I will be tweeting like usual, but I will also be posting video on SnapChat – I will also be posting my snaps on YouTube. So please subscribe to my channel on YouTube as well.
What kind of SunFest person are you?
In 2015 I talked about the different kind of “People of Sunfest“. Do you come for the music, do you come to party on the floating bars (previously known as the floating barges), do you come for the Art, are you a loyal member of Club Sunfest, or are you a “lawnchair warrior” and enjoy bringing your chairs, relaxing close to the stage and watch the world go by.
Over the years, I think I am starting to self-identify as the “lawnchair warrior”,
Going Green and getting in and out of SunFest
Here is the article that I wrote last year about 3 alternative ways to get in and out of SunFest. In this article I talk about SunFest’s Bike Valet which is sponsored by West Palm Beach’s Downtown Development Authority. In 2017 there will also be a Bike Valet.
Here are the times for the Bike Valet
Location: SunFest Clematis Street Entrance (Centennial Square Fountain)
Hours of Operation:
- Wednesday and Thursday from 5:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Friday from 5:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- Saturday from 12:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- Sunday from 12:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Tips received through the bike valet program will be donated to Homeward Bound Program. This program buys bus tickets for homeless people to get to family or friends that can assist them in getting off the street. While supplies last, patrons will receive a complimentary gift bag donated by the Palm Beach Metropolitan Planning Organization. In addition SkyBikeWPB will be on-site to answer questions regarding the environmentally friendly and health conscious program set to launch soon.
If you have to come in your car – where to park.
Parking does not have to be difficult at SunFest if you follow these simple rules.
- Avoid coming in a car (this is obvious)
- Don’t look for street parking. You won’t find any, and if you are lucky and find a spot on Clematis you may find that it’s impossible to get out of due to all the people exiting SunFest on foot.
- There are plenty of parking lots, where you will pay anywhere from $10 – $20 for all day parking. Pick which ever you see first once you get into the general vicinity of SunFest
- If you come in from the South, pick a parking lot South of downtown. If you come in from the north choose parking north of downtown. Family Church opens their parking which is an 11 minute walk from the Meyer Amphitheater. You’ll make that time up by not having to sit in traffic waiting to cross Okeechobee in a car.
Venue Marketing Group put together this video on what you can expect from the Music and Art festival. Enjoy!