Introduced in October last year, the Palm Beach Philanthropy Tank offers an exciting new challenge to local middle and high school students: an opportunity to create and implement innovative solutions to community issues and social problems in Palm Beach County. We did a little write-up about the challenge around that time, and we’re excited to share that the finalists have been named! More than 35 submissions were received and evaluated for a chance to receive up to $15,000 for their idea, and will be mentored by the contributing philanthropist for the year that follows the event.
The finalists, listed in alphabetical order by school, are:
• Atlantic High School: Krishna Madala and Neeharika Madala
• The Benjamin School: Madeline Caruso
• Dreyfoos School of the Arts: Sage Albert and Ally Reeves
• Glades Central High School: Je’Cynthia Nonar
• Grandview Preparatory School: Katherine Berlatsky, Andrea Lacher, Caitlen Macias, Sigi Macias, Eva Oliveri, Sydney Sloan
• Rosarian Academy: Meredith Anderson, Gemma Conroy, Bella Vega-Dadurian, Hope Diffenderfer, Devyn Dyett, Gabriela Faber, Jack Fields, Isabella Fiorentino, Marlowe Flom, Liam Groth, Bettina Johnston, Sofia Mendez, Drew O’Brien, Thomas Raymond, Jack Shepherd
• Royal Palm Beach Community High School: Jaslyn Dominique
• St. Andrew’s School: Sabrina Tesalona
• Wellington High School: Daniel Clein
Congratulations to each finalist for their hard work! We’re excited to see their ideas.