SunFest is a BLAST – with music, food, art and fun for the whole family. But, if it’s not your thing, don’t despair, there is still plenty to do around town.
TONIGHT April 29th!!! – Northwood Village Hosts Open Studio Tour
Art lovers will get a double dose of creativity this month when the Art Night Out event in Northwood Village hosts an artist open house in the area’s Industrial District. The Northwood Industrial District, located just a few blocks west of Northwood Village, consists of large warehouses that are working studios for several prominent local artists. Trolleys will shuttle guests from Art Night Out on the corner of Northwood Road and Broadway to the artists’ studios tour. Art Night Out will take place from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. on April 29, 2016, on Northwood Road in West Palm Beach.
Northwood Industrial District artists who will be opening their studio doors to the public include:
- Dave Teal, a figurative artist who is also a long-time resident of Old Northwood
- Elizabeth Hutchinson, an instinctive artist who works out problems and conversations on canvas
- Jason Martinez, a self-taught artist who paints spiritually iconic images using acrylic
- James Sagui, a professional woodworker, sculptor, and furniture designer/maker
- Liz Ghitta Segall, a painter since child known for abstract expressionist work
- Sam Perry, a noted artist who grew up in Northwood and focuses on abstract and the human figure
- Terre Rybovich, an artist born and raised in old Northwood known for her unconventional drawings
SATURDAY: The Flappers Present the 2016 Palm Beach Butterfly Ball
Watch Spring in full bloom in Cityplace!
CityPlace is in full bloom this spring with 10 wonderful and whimsical topiaries around the popular entertainment-retail center in Downtown West Palm Beach. The oversized, flowering displays are crafted in shapes that include swans, dragonflies, bunnies and more. The exhibit is open through May 21, 2016.
“It’s always our goal to surprise and delight CityPlace patrons, and topiaries will do just that,” said Edan Della Mea, CityPlace’s Director of Marketing. “They add to the already vibrant setting as our guests come here to shop, see a movie or grab a bite to eat.”
The floral designs are not only visually interesting but part of an interactive scavenger hunt that creates fun for the whole family. The hunt leads along the path of topiaries and allows participants to explore the shops and restaurants along the way. When children correctly match the 10 topiaries to the facts provided, they have a chance to win prizes. To participate, stop by Guest Services for details.
Other fun things to see and do at CityPlace this spring include:
Spring Photo Contest – Upload a photo while enjoying the topiary displays using #SpringatCityPlace for a chance to win a $500 shopping spree.
Spring Fashion at CityPlace – Spend more than $100 at CityPlace shops and receive a free $10 gift card when you present your same-day receipts at guest services. This promotion runs April 24 – May 8, 2016.