There are only a couple days left till Christmas. If you have anyone left to get gifts for, here’s your ultimate guide to shopping local.
1905 S Dixie Hwy – (561) 557-7278
This is at the top of my list each year. At Shoppe 561 everything is made in the USA including many Florida artisans. The underlying theme for the shoppe is Hope and we are shining a light on Modern Day Slavery. Shoppe561 supports Hope House Florida– a safe house for minor girls rescued from human trafficking.
1401 Clare Ave, Suite 300 – (561) 313-5675
Here’s a brand new addition to the West Palm Beach shopping scene. Gypsy Life Surf Shop is the place to go to find something special for your free spirited friend, and your friends who you think need a little more fun in their lives.
As you wander through this beautifully laid out store, you’ll pass a 1972 VW Westfalia Van (which I am sure has stories to tell), visit a tent, and hang out by the beach.
If you’re not in too big a hurry check out the “Braid Bar” where you can get instagram-worthly braids for $10.
Quinn at Grandview
1401 Clare Ave – (561) 313-5675
You can’t miss this store as you walk through Grandview Market. It’s open any time of the day, and offers a variety of cute and practical “gifts, home goods & pretty paper!”.
Also check out their sister store Stationer on Sunrise in Palm Beach.
S. Dixie HWY between Belvedere & Southern
Antique Row is not just the place for 17th – 20th century antique shopping. The very walkable mile-long stretch of small businesses has plenty for everyone at any price point.
Here are some of the many places you can wander through – call ahead or visit their websites for opening hours:
- Turquoise Turtle (561) 309-9099 – The Turquoise Turtle is where vintage is transformed into modern exquisite coastal elegance providing fashion, interiors, and accessories. http://www.turquoise-turtle.com/
- The Nearly New Shop (561) 655-3230 – A great place to shop for one-of-a-kind clothing, housewares, furniture and other items. Come in and check out our Women’s/Men’s Designer Clothing, Handbags, Shoes and Accessories.
- Heath & Company (561) 833-0880 – Vintage and new lighting store offering unique and one-of-a-kind chandeliers, sconces, and lamps. Also lots of other cool finds. https://www.heathlighting.com/
- Coastal Girls Co. (561) 619-5389 – From basics to the little black dress, we have what you need to accommodate the Palm Beach lifestyle. Visit and experience the clothing, accessories, and gifts that resonate living life in paradise! The Coastal Girls Co., where you come as a guest and leave as a friend. https://coastalgirlsco.com/
- Floral Emporium (561) 659-9888 – An Interior/exterior showroom of home and garden decor. The interior is a masterful display of permanent florals, plants and home accessories. http://floralemporiumonline.com/
The Box Gallery
811 Belvedere Rd
The Box Gallery, is not as humble as it may seem. Sitting in the heart of what the owner/artist/activist, Rolando Chang Barrero calls “Sokee” (South of Okeechobee), it is the hub of art and entertainment. The space hosts art events and parties week!
It’s not just art that is on sale. You can find jewelry, small unique pieces, as well as Rolando’s very own Pajaro clothing.
210 Clematis Street (800 207 5463)
Pioneer Linens, family owned, over 100 years old, and still as hip as ever! “A trailblazer in the industries of fine linens, custom bedding design and couture bath accessories,”
Stop in on Clematis Street and shop for something truly special. Make sure you follow Pioneer Linens on Instagram and join them in one of their regular trunk shows.
West Palm Beach’s first shopping district, now beautifully restored to its former glory with dozens of retail stores, and eateries.
Here are some of my favorites.
- Day by Day Shoppe (561) 623-9353 – Opened up in February 2016 to bring a unique shop that offers new, up-cycled, repurposed, vintage items. Offering jewelry, home decor, unique gifts, seasonal items and more. https://www.facebook.com/mydaybydayshoppe/
- Circa WHO (561) 655-5224 – Circa Who is an UPSCALE RESALE SHOP founded in 2004 located in West Palm Beach, Florida. Our passion is the hunt and we LOVE to buy so we price to sell. We find new homes for FABULOUS furnishings. Our furnishings are circa 20th century from Mid Century Modern to Hollywood Regency meets vintage Palm Beach.
- Stone Button Studio (561) 313-6910 – Stone Button Studio is a fun space stocked with hand made gift ideas, vintage treasures and favorite finds. For you, your home or gifts… vintage home design, stones and sea glass, wall decor and original art, vintage furniture, salvage yard, a must see. https://stonebuttonstudio.com/
- Row House Shop (561) 833-1888 – Luxedaily described a visit to Row House as “like stepping inside the most lovingly curated flea market. Situated in the artsy Northwood Village section of West Palm Beach, the charming home store, owned by husband-and-wife team Paige and Tyler Jackson, is stocked with an equal mix of vintage finds and handmade goods from around the world.” http://rowhouseshop.com/