Darbster is hosting their Inaugural Darbster Foundation party at their restaurant at 8020 S. Dixie Hwy., West Palm Beach on Monday, June 6th, 5:30pm-8:30pm. Four food stations, open bar, valet and naturally an awesome band - Rogue Theory! RSVP and get your tickets...
Starting at 8PM tonight, Okeechobee Boulevard will be closed at the at the Florida East Coast tracks (alongside Quadrille Boulevard) to allow construction crews to work around the clock and install a second set of tracks and equipment needed to put in a quiet zone for...
Tonight 10 startups will pitch their business ventures at Crowdfunding and Cocktails - the in-person crowdfunding event held annually in downtown West Palm Beach. These startups were chosen by the committee to represent the Palm Beach County and Greater South Florida...
I'm sitting outside of Subculture celebrating the 2016 Great Give, raising donation for Junior Achievement an organization that reaches nearly 20,000 local students each year. The programs teach students the key concepts of financial literacy, work readiness, and...
Everyone can be a philanthropist on May 3rd - #GreatGive16 the 24-hour online and offline giving event, provides over 100 non-profits the opportunity to fundraise. Every local gift will be multiplied with additional dollars from a bonus pool raised by the Community...
SunFest is a BLAST - with music, food, art and fun for the whole family. But, if it's not your thing, don't despair, there is still plenty to do around town. TONIGHT April 29th!!! - Northwood Village Hosts Open Studio Tour Art lovers will get a double dose of...
SunFest is starting on Wednesday and is drawing tens of thousands of visitors into downtown. Getting in and out of downtown in the bustle of SunFest can be a challenge. Thankfully, the City of West Palm Beach has put a focus on creating a walkable and bikeable...
Vinyasun, a Downtown West Palm Beach energy company is bringing the premier of the award winning documentary by Oscar winner Mark Ruffalo to West Palm Beach on Earth Day Weekend. RSVP and get tickets through the facebook group. Catching the Sun from Shalini Kantayya...
Did you get your taxes done, or are you planning to have them done by Friday? Reward yourself with a historical tour of West Palm Beach led by architect and historian Rick Gonzalez of REG Architects. The one-hour guided stroll showcases the evolution of downtown West...
Heart & Soul Fest 2016 is back with live music, arts and crafts, family activities, and more! Soul food, soul music and soulful dancing are on the agenda for the Fourth Annual “Heart & Soul Fest” on Saturday, April 16, 2016 from 11 a.m.-6 p.m. The festival, a...
Florida-bred and Brooklyn-based filmmaker, Valerie Brooks (Dreyfoos School of the Arts Alumni and FSU Film School graduate), is heading back home to West Palm Beach in May to direct her short film "Knit Yourself A Dream Blanket". "Knit Yourself A Dream Blanket" is the...
Since our last ticket give-away was such a success we're doing it again! Over the next 3 weeks we will be giving out 4 pairs of tickets to Palm Beach Symphony's "Monumental Engagement" on April 10th! To enter send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject:...
Happy #LawEnforcementAppreciationDay! Thanks ? @WestPalmPD officers Buxton & Preusz for their hard work!
It’s that time of the year where everyone supports your local businesses by voting in the Palm Beach Post’s Best of Palm Beach County contest.
Vote for 25 items and you can win $500! Palm Beach Post will require that you enter your email address, but once you’ve done that, just click and vote.
Voting ends at midnight on Friday – so vote soon!
The full contest list is here. I’ve curated my favorite local / small businesses in a handy list here. Once you click on the link, scroll down to the voting form and click VOTE.
Have fun & please share with your friends.
Local / Small Business
- Photographer: KVLmedia Studio
- Local College: Palm Beach Atlantic University
- Public School: Alexander W. Dreyfoos School of the Arts
- Green Business or Organization: ANGARI Foundation, Inc.
- Local Tourist Attraction: Palm Beach Zoo & Conservation Society
- Museum: South Florida Science Center and Aquarium
- Cannabis Dispensaries: MedMen West Palm Beach
- Local Hardware Store: Hall Hardware, Inc.
- Local Jewelry Store: Provident Jewelry
- Auto Repair- Independent: Bob Davis Auto Repair
- All-Around Restaurant: The Restaurant at the Norton
- Bakery: Loic Bakery Cafe Bar
- BBQ: Park Avenue BBQ Grille
- Brunch: Lynora’s
- Burger: Grease Burger Bar
- Business Lunch: City Cellar Wine Bar & Grill
- Caterer: Havana Restaurant
- Chicken Wings: Duffy’s
- Chinese Restaurant: Kapow Noodle Bar
- Cuban Restaurant: Don Ramon Cuban Cuisine
- Cuban Sandwich: Havana Restaurant
- Diner: Howley’s Restaurant
- Fine Dining: Okeechobee Steakhouse
- Indian Food: Taste of India
- Italian Food: Lynora’s
- Japanese Food: Kabuki
- Mexican Food: Rocco’s Tacos & Tequila Bar
- Steakhouse: Flagler Steakhouse
- Sushi: Sushi Yama Japanese Restaurant
- Thai Food: Malakor Thai Cafe
- Pizza: Pizza Girls
- Sandwich Shop: Aioli
- Local Coffee Shop: Subculture Coffee
- Fried Chicken: The Regional Kitchen & Public House
- Happy Hour: Roxy’s Pub
- Dinner Under $10: Anzo
- Food Truck: Curbside Gourmet
- Doughnuts: Jupiter Donuts
Entertainment & Leisure
- Art Gallery: Habatat Galleries
- Boat Club: Palm Beach Sailing Club
- Bowling: Verdes Tropicana Bowling Lanes
- Casino: Palm Beach Kennel Club
- Concert Venue: Raymond F. Kravis Center for the Performing Arts
- Live Theater: Palm Beach Dramaworks
- Place to go Dancing: Renegades
- Place to have a birthday party: Legends of Xscape Escape Rooms
- Place to Buy Liquor: Steel Tie Spirits Co.