Here’s a fun effort from the City of West Palm Beach’s Office of Sustainability: Use Twitter to lure “Birdie”, the “full-time mascot for GreeNYC” to come to Florida.
Hi, @Birdie_NYC! Join the City of West Palm Beach for (sustainable!) fun in the sun! Read our invitation: http://t.co/yrRStj3xCZ
— City of West Palm Beach (@westpalmbch) January 24, 2014
Birdie, who frequently tweets at the “Birdie_NYC” account has been posting some awfully cold looking pictures to his/her twitter account. If they go with the city’s suggestion, I am sure they would enjoy “trading in the wool hat and scarf for a swimsuit”.
Treecycle this weekend! Bring your xmas tree to #MulchFest: http://t.co/uYV0b3ZEws @NYCParks @NYCSanitation pic.twitter.com/0LdaBYfPHR
— GreeNYC (@greenyc) January 9, 2014
Here are the five reasons the City of West Palm Beach presented to Birdie to convince them to make the flight down:
- Lots of sunshine means more solar energy opportunities (and cool sunglasses!)
- Paddle boarding would be your new form of alternative transportation
- Our wetland and water supply Grassy Waters is excellent for bird baths (ok, just watch out for gators!).
- Trade in the wool hat and scarf for a swimsuit
- Hang out with your fellow snowbirds every winter
If these reasons weren’t compelling enough, the city’s photoshop experts gave Birdie an idea of how he/she would look on the West Palm Beach waterfront.
It beats being all bundled up!
It's important to keep heads warm in this weather. I hope everyone is covering their beaks! #bundled pic.twitter.com/ViDZUdNBxC
— GreeNYC (@greenyc) January 7, 2014
Birdie has not yet responded via their twitter feed. Maybe he/she is hibernating.