Last Saturday we went to the South Florida Fair. We like scheduling it in on a Saturday so that we can have a day to recover before we have to get back to work.
You may wonder why we’d need a full day to recover after a trip to the fair? Take a look at the “Captain’s Log”:
- 10am: Arrive at the Fair – because there was a bit of rain blowing through we spent the first hour exploring the Expo floor.
- 10:20: We catch the “Cirque” show.
- 10:45: Take the kids through the Elvis museum – very cool
- 11:15: Drizzling is mostly clear we decide to head out to the rides.
- 11:17: Walk through the “Mooternity” tent just in time to see the freshly born calf! Mooooooo.
- 11:20: Check out the Bengal Tigers – make a mental note to catch the show (we end up missing it).
- 11:25: Make it to the rides – no lines means ride as much as you want!!! It’s GO TIME!!!
- 1:30: Lunch time – need to break from the rides to keep our energy levels up.
- 1:40: We also discover the new “Mama’s Jugs” ice tea with great flavored ice tea & free refills
- 1:45: More rides.
- 2:30: Check in on DeShon Allen and watch some of the Starz of the Futures.
- 2:45: Selfie with State Attorney Dave Aronberg
- 2:55: Got a refill on ice tea – decided to go with marshmallow flavor.
- 3:00: Ham Bone Express Pig Racing – this doubles as a much needed time off my feet.
- 3:30: Meet up with the wonderful Clint and Ginger.
- 4:00 – 4:30: Designated time to play “I Got It”
- 4:30 – 5:00: Shopping
- 5:00 – 5:15: Talking to the guys at the model train set.
- 5:17: Caught the LED Robots Laser show – very cool!
- 5:30: Discover that “Swamp Water” is all the flavors of ice tea mixed together.
- 5:45: “Dinner” time – corndogs, cheese fries, sausages – tried to work up the courage to go for a turkey leg. Was unsuccessful.
- 6:30: Magical time at the fair – all the lights are on and the sun is setting (we’re back at the rides).
- 7:00: Time for a family ride on the SkyLine – the fair is filling up!
- 8:30: Try to make it too the Las Vegas on Ice show, but stop for an elephant ear and some deep fried Oreos, making us miss the show :(.
- 8:45: One last ride.
- 9:30: Leave Exhausted.
Well, that was our trip , most of it anyhow… somewhere we also manged to squeeze in a trip to Yesteryear Village, which is always fun.
This will be the last weekend of the fair so make sure you check out the events and head on out! It’s a blast.